This macaroni and cheese recipe is super simple. It is quick and will be a favorite side with your kids meals. Vegetables always go down better with something else that they love. Enjoy!
Gluten Free Dairy Free Macaroni and Cheese
|Prep time||10 minutes|
|Cook time||12 minutes|
|Total time||22 minutes|
|Dietary||Casein Free, Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Vegan, Vegetarian|
|Meal type||Side Dish|
|Misc||Child Friendly, Serve Hot|
|By author||Melissa Belser|
- 1 1/2 Cups gluten free brown rice pasta (used jovial brand-Fusilli)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon dried minced onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 Teaspoons margarine (used earth balance soy free)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond beverage (plain)
- 3 Tablespoons coconut milk (used Soy Delicious, Culinary Coconut Milk)
- 1 Inch cubed piece Daiya smoked gouda (nondairy cheese substitute)
- 1/2 cup Daiya shredded cheddar (nondairy cheese substitute)
Make sure to use the spiral style gluten free pasta in this recipe. This style works well because the texture helps bind the cheese to the pasta.
Daiya is currently my favorite cheese substitute because it melts and is non-soy. Some dairy free cheese substitutes do not melt well.
Daiya cheese is a CSA Recognition Seal participant.